Partner Michael Rake was born in Indianapolis, Indiana on September 28, 1977. He was admitted to the Ohio Bar in 2005. He obtained his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Miami University with a major in English and obtained his Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Dayton School of Law in 2004. He is a member of the Dayton and Ohio State Bar Associations, the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives and the National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates.
He is admitted to practice before the State courts of Ohio and before the Federal District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for Veteran’s Claims and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
While in law school, Mike worked as a law clerk for Horenstein Nicholson and Blumenthal. He also volunteered at a hospital for the mentally disabled. He has lectured on the topic of Social Security law at seminars for the National Business Institute and at the University of Dayton School of Law.
Mike currently represents disabled claimants at hearings in front of Administrative Law judges throughout Ohio and at all stages of appeals.
He lives with his family in Centerville, Ohio.
Areas of Practice
- Ohio, 2005
- U.S. Federal District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2008
- United States Court of Appeals for Veteran’s Claims
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Bachelor of Arts – Miami University, 1999
- Juris Doctor – University of Dayton, 2004
- Dayton Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates
- National Alliance on Mental Illness