Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Claims

Camp Lejeune Contaminated Water Exposure? Get Support You Deserve

If you served at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune in North Carolina or Marine Corps Air Station New River up to the 1980s, conditions there put your health at risk.

The drinking water was contaminated with chemicals often found in cleaning solvents, called perchloroethylene (PCE) or tetrachloroethylene (TCE), among other compounds. These solvents have links to various illnesses, including several cancers.

And the Camp Lejeune contaminated water disaster lasted for over 30 years.

You were there to serve your country. If that exposed you to contamination, you deserve compensation for any illnesses you’ve developed.

Veterans’ disability benefits provide the medical treatment and monetary compensation you need to protect your dignity and independence all these years later. You may have a Camp Lejeune water claim.

But too often, the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) gives you a disability rating that falls short or denies your claim completely.

The Camp Lejeune Base legal team at Horenstein, Nicholson & Blumenthal can help you—or your spouse, if you’re married to someone who served at the base—gather the documents you need to appeal for a higher disability rating and receive compensation that’s fair.

We work hard so our Ohio clients will say “Helping me, that’s HNB.”

Talk to HNB  Talk to HNB 

Tell Us About Your Case

    How Do I Prove a Camp Lejeune Water Cancers?

    The VA will likely recognize your illness from exposure to Camp Lejeune contaminated water if you can show you served in certain places and times and suffered certain health effects.

    You must have:

    • Served at Camp Lejeune, or the Marine Corps Air Station New River, between August 1953 and December 1987
    • Served a total of at least 30 days there during that period
    • Not received a dishonorable discharge

    And you developed one or more of these conditions:

    • Adult leukemia
    • Aplastic anemia (failure to produce enough blood cells)
    • Other myelodysplastic syndromes (cancers affecting blood cell production)
    • Bladder cancer
    • Kidney cancer
    • Liver cancer
    • Multiple myeloma (plasma cell cancer)
    • Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
    • Parkinson’s disease

    If you served in these locations at the right times and you have one of these cancers or other ailments, the VA will presume that your illness came from exposure to Camp Lejeune contaminated water during your service.

    You’ll need medical records confirming your diagnosis of one or more of the listed cancers or other diseases.

    For these diseases, you probably won’t need a doctor’s opinion linking your health problems to the water. If you have a different condition, you might need that physician’s report.

    To make a successful Camp Lejeune water contamination claim, you’ll also need military records confirming your service on active duty.

    You can get started on your disability claim by getting the Camp Lejeune lawyers at HNB Law to evaluate your case FOR FREE.

    Get My Free Case Review 
    A doctor puts his hand on a man’s shoulder. Camp Lejeune contaminated water lawyers at Horenstein, Nicholson & Blumenthal know the conditions you must meet to receive veterans’ benefits for contamination sickness.

    The lawyers at Horenstein, Nicholson & Blumenthal know how Camp Lejeune water cancers can qualify you for compensation.

    How HNB Helps Veterans with Camp Lejeune Water Claims and Disabilities

    If you’re not getting what you should from the VA, these are some of the steps our law firm takes to fix it:

    • Advising you on getting medical treatment you need
    • Finding doctors who understand how to fill out the VA’s Disability Benefits Questionnaire (DBQ)
    • Ordering a medical review of your case file
    • Appealing for a higher disability rating from the VA
    • Appealing a denied claim for service connection

    We can take your appeal to the highest level needed:

    • Your VA Regional Office (RO)
    • The Board of Veterans’ Appeals (BVA)
    • US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC)

    If you’re not able to work, you also could apply for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits. Social Security Disability can be hard to get, but your high rating from the VA could help.

    Lawyers from HNB can help you with both Camp Lejeune Base legal matters and SSD.

    If you were exposed to the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune, and you still live with the consequences, our law firm wants to help you maximize the financial support available to you.

    Call HNB Now! 
    A doctor talks to a man in a suit at a conference room table. Get a Horenstein, Nicholson & Blumenthal lawyer to help you with a Camp Lejeune water claim.

    Get a Horenstein, Nicholson & Blumenthal lawyer to help you secure financial support from a Camp Lejeune water claim.